App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T13:03:45+00:00

    Hi Mark, Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you. I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627 This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it. I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. Best Regards, Bambi

    Most useless unhelpful answer, ever. Some of us don't want to upgrade. The answer "try it first" doesn't solve the issue of the app reinstalling itself after you explicitly uninstalled it. I have uninstalled this app 5 times now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T04:22:45+00:00

    I don't think anyone from MS reads this forum. The MS folks here are just forum volunteers. You have to contact microsoft (which is virtually impossible) to tell them how pissed off you are and that you're going to Apple and never coming back. If enough of us do that they might listen. Otherwise forget about it. They don't give a flying fu@k!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T21:17:55+00:00

    then you will have to create a new dword32 and set it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T20:31:00+00:00

    Have you tried to block via registry?

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferencesand setUseNewOutlook` to 0.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments