Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
On the top right there is option to turn off new outlook.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.
After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.
Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?
I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello, I think I found a workaround since Microsoft refuses to do anything about this.
If you search for the original senders name in the search bar, it will pull up all of the emails you have received from them. Scroll and search for the original email received, before you responded to it. It should still contain the attachment.
Don't ask how long it took for me to figure this out. It seems like microsoft should be able to tell us this information.
Hello this one below help me! Thnak you so much!!
We are in February 2025 and the design has not evolved.... I'm experiencing this issue with outlook after 5 years of gmail at my work that used to work great. Can't believe they're still not fixing it.
Please Microsoft, just keep grouped all the attached file in a conversation. Is that so hard?
In following the steps suggested by the tech guy above, I was able to restore attachments. I had to go to old version of outlook to follow the steps suggest. I also turned on the attachment preview and conversations grouped....I now have them in the same thread, whereas before they were just gone.