Outlook emails get moved to drafts folder as I'm composing the email

Anonymous
2024-03-01T17:27:04+00:00

As I type an email on my desktop, my Outlook app closes the email and moves it to my Drafts folder. I then have to open up my Drafts folder, open the email, and continue typing. This happens when I've had an email open for 30 seconds or many minutes (e.g., it's not like I've been drafting an email for 30 minutes and have stepped away and Outlook moves it to drafts). I'm often in the middle of typing a sentence and the email disappears and it's gone to Drafts. I then have to go do Drafts and manually reopen the email I was literally just typing. Sometimes it opens immediately, other times it opens and says the email is being edited in another window (which, why???).

It doesn't happen with every email but happens many times per week. A cursory review seems like many people in different environments are having the same issue. I've restarted my computer, all apps are fully updated.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T18:34:44+00:00

    Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft would actually follow the community questions and help us out?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T01:05:24+00:00

    Hey Microsoft,

    Is anybody out there? I’ve been waiting for over a month for a reply. And this issue really is ridiculous.

    Belinda

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T15:27:45+00:00

    Yes, @Eben-Ezer,

    I asked on April 18 and have never received a reply, HOW DO YOU FIX THIS ON A MAC???? Sorry for screaming, but it doesn't seem that there is anyone out there who cares about this issue for a Mac, so I'm wondering if I'm yelling into the ether?

    Belinda

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T15:56:42+00:00

    Where are the controls to do this on the latest version of outlook on the mac? Your directions in step 2 don't apply. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T13:47:33+00:00

    YES, this is the question. How do I do this on Outlook on the MAC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments