I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T10:17:58+00:00

    Dear all,

    Just out of curiosity: do you not have QA? It should be the most elementary task in any refactoring process to find out what the users use and make sure that's provided in the new interface as well.

    As a Mac Outlook customer, I would add two more examples of essential functionalities that are not to be found, at least with any reasonable effort:

    • Setting the font size – And yes I really do mean that. Being provided a poor, discretionary selection of sizes is simply not setting font size. For example one the most popular recent typefaces Aptos, has a huge difference between 11, 12, 14, 16.
    • Changing the language of the text in case auto detect is not doing a good job – And oh yes, if you look at it, the word 'language' cannot be found by looking at the interface in any acceptable time due to it being buried 3 levels down below Edit and Spelling and Grammar.

    Please tell me if you some day manage to pull your act together. Shouldn't be overly difficult to find a few hours to this in order to gain some customer acceptance, judging by the amount of resource being poured into implementing Copilot particularly in ways that users will not use and leaving out the most obvious.

    Still, All the best,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T12:59:42+00:00

    Another option, draw a line in powerpoint, copy and paste into outlook.

    I do like the new outlook and its new features; hope it continues to evolve with some of the basics like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T09:19:53+00:00

    I totaally agree and have lso gone bck to Classsic Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T12:21:29+00:00

    I agree this is a very useful feature I use frequently and is another annoyance of the new Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T13:50:05+00:00

    Please make this an option, it is super helpful and would only improve the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments