I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T19:29:23+00:00

    Thanks for sharing. There are also some additional line variations by using the equal sign (=), asterisk (*), and pound sign (#) for a little change of pace :-).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-04T14:33:40+00:00

    I also hate that the new Outlook doesn't offer that as well. A quick workaround is to copy and paste one in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T15:59:47+00:00

    I use this feature ALL THE TIME! Definitely add this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T12:42:11+00:00

    That's even better! Thanks Hugh!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T18:05:45+00:00

    If you right click on the calendar app icon in "new" Outlook, you can choose "Open in New Window" :)

    Haven't figured out how to pin it to the task bar yet though...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments