I'm currently using the new Outlook, how do I easily insert a horizontal line in an email, now that that feature has been removed the "Insert" menu?

Anonymous
2024-03-25T20:20:43+00:00

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to insert a horizontal line in an email.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T15:44:14+00:00

    Hello,

    Here we are a year later, and still this issue persist. I there really an effort being applied by MS to resolve this issue...along with all the other limitations and bugs that have been noted in this forum as well as others? As a recent victim of being converted to the new Outlook, this along with not being able to insert symbols or basic shapes as with all the other MS apps, has a real impact on efficiency for using this version. What was the intent of introducing this version? Clearly was not as an improvement for the users.

    I would gladly revert to the old version but I have been advised that is not possible due to the size of the Outlook data base file for doing so being limited to 50GB. I had no problem before, but nothing but problems since 'toggling' the new Outlook....and NOW cannot go back. How typical.

    Is there or is there not a plan to resolve these issues and 'bugs'?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T21:58:49+00:00

    Please bring back the horizontal line!

    Looks like the return of this functionality has been requested by the community for a while. How hard can it be?

    My workaround is to have a draft email containing a horizontal line in the body I can go to easily and copy and paste it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-22T15:50:57+00:00

    Discovered this thread when sending an item to a coworker, led me down a rabbit hole just to discover this feature does not exist on the New and "improved" Outlook.

    They probably will not add, which is not helpful at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-06T19:45:12+00:00

    Same issue here. As well - all the columns are gone from the top mail bar (size, attachments, categories etc. All my signatures are gone. Lots of features have been removed and is so incredibly frustrating. Its like they went backwards 15 years. Please don't release a new version when its so lacking. This is so unproductive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T19:26:31+00:00

    I used to use to insert by holding down shift and dash and then hitting enter. Please bring that back!

    I send emails on behalf of groups/people often and this was super useful in making the email easy to ready and so that they can see who to contact.

    it is a very helpful feature I hope you bring back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments