new outlook client : Windows 10 taskbar will not unhide

Anonymous
2023-09-12T09:00:32+00:00

If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and Outlook in full screen, the taskbar will not show up again, even when hovering the mouse over the edge of the screen.

With any other program, it works (the taskbar, comes out if hiding on top of the displayed program).

You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.831.400 (Production). Client Version is 20230904003.13 .

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3324
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

<Changed to a question>

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T05:59:10+00:00

    I am so insulted that the suggestion from Microsoft is to use a workaround!!!!!!! Windows user since windows 3.1. Just fix this problem, it is not a hardware issue it is a software issue. No other program of many hundreds on my PC display this issue of not being able to see the hidden task bar. JUST FIX IT!!!!

    This is totally unworkable, Microsoft need to look at peoples feedback and actually address the issue which they clearly created. Its right up there with forcing me to upgrade to windows 11, I DO NOT WANT TO. please provide a button so I can stop using work arounds to stop this malicious activity attempting to upgrade my system without permission. I did not want to upgrade to the new outlook but was forced. I do not want to upgrade to win11 as my pc works just fine in win10. Just fix this stupid issue microsoft would take a decent coder about 20 minutes I'm sure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T00:10:32+00:00

    Agree sooooo much! Come on Microsoft, hire some coders to fix. It'll take an hour and an update. An upadate that would actually be worth it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T14:00:51+00:00

    Having the same issue and don't think work arounds are the answer. Microsoft needs to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T20:00:12+00:00

    It "sort of" works in my install of Windows 11, but you have to press and hold the windows key for a while. It is irritating as hell to get used to a particular way of working in windows over a span of nearly 35 years and then experience a change in the OS that alters how you have to work in just one productivity application.

    Previously changes like this have either been minor and almost un-noticeable, or they have affected all applications in a uniform way so that adapting to them is quick and easy, and generally there has been some sort of setting that could be tweaked to keep the OS working in them familiar way. But this one really messes up my workflow and even with my most flexible and imaginative brain cells running at full power I just can't see any rational reason why Microsoft broke this feature.

    Maybe this is just Microsoft's little way of trying to push us oldsters out of the workforce.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T16:39:25+00:00

    Mike, thank you for the useful work-around. It remains regrettable however, that Microsoft released an upgraded Outlook that breaks one of the more useful features of the operating system.

    Mike, I second that! MS said that I need to reduce display scale to 125 from RECOMMENDED 200. It doesn't work, plus I cannot see anything. I have used the window resize, however I have to do it each time I restart the computer. MS also said it is a hardware issue. I am using a MICROSOFT Surface Book 3. I have the identical problem on a Dell XPS.

    I have been a Beta tester for 17 years. MS had never before blown me off like this. BTW, I was forced to download New Outlook (not beta) when I reset the Dell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments