new outlook client : Windows 10 taskbar will not unhide

Anonymous
2023-09-12T09:00:32+00:00

If the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and Outlook in full screen, the taskbar will not show up again, even when hovering the mouse over the edge of the screen.

With any other program, it works (the taskbar, comes out if hiding on top of the displayed program).

You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.831.400 (Production). Client Version is 20230904003.13 .

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3324
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

<Changed to a question>

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T16:26:37+00:00

    This has been a constant issue to me and took me some time to find this thread. Please fix this as it is eternally annoying to have to resize the window on a laptop. My work flow is to go from maximized app to maximized app (to use as much screen real-estate as possible), and if I switch to Outlook, and only Outlook (not Excel or Word, or anything else), the taskbar goes away and will not come back.

    PLEASE FIX THIS! This and the incredibly pushy One Drive implementation have me second guessing MS in general for my business (yes it is that bad).

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T11:16:25+00:00

    I am having the same issue. What ever happened to Beta testing a program before a full release. I am going back to the old version for a few months to give them time to tackle the issue.

    MS wake up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T14:21:40+00:00

    Can't believe they haven't sorted this issue, it's so frustrating - every time I'm in outlook I have to swipe up with three fingers to see all the windows, and then choose whatever I'm trying to switch to. Such an easy fix for them. I even prefer the new Outlook, especially the ability to pin emails which has been happening on the web version for a while, but this full-screen thing is so so annoying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T03:36:04+00:00

    Trash suggestion, absolute trash.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T06:59:25+00:00

    I'm having the same issue, I have 3 monitors, the taskbar will appear when Outlook365 is on either of my 2nd or 3rd monitors but not my main monitor. The taskbar works as expected for all other apps that are maximised.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments