How to Add Shared Mailbox in New Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-30T03:18:37+00:00

Hi all, I am the System administrator. Recently we would like to tried a new outlook, but we need add the shared mailbox to user,

we tried to add account but it needs password, and the shared mailbox is no password, in classic  outlook if administrator adds permission in Exchange, after a few minutes the mailbox will show in the left panel

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T00:28:03+00:00

    I think I was able to find a fix for this. If you go to the "View tab" and then "View settings", then "Compose and reply" and then check off "always show bcc" and "always show From", it seems to properly reply from the shared email (and not from the main account email). It doesn't fix the viewing settings -- my shared inboxes are still (frustratingly) buried but at least I don't have to panic about where the emails are being sent from.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T08:20:47+00:00

    When using Outlook in web browser I noticed I could add a shared folder and it showed up under my main inbox as expected. Seeing as there is no visual difference that I can see in new Outlook vs Web Outlook. I decided to just install Web Outlook as web app on my desktop (How to install website as an app).

    I have now used this for over two months and have only had issues when having to open .eml files I have to open in classic Outlook. But last I tried this in New Outlook it didn't work there either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T11:29:26+00:00

    Looks like this feature won't be available until October, unfortunately.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?featureid=388913

    This is horrible. A non-fully functioning product, and you just can't refuse it when installing M365. Did they fire all the GUI guys? This s**ks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T14:30:14+00:00

    Looks like MS are aware of this and it's in the pipeline to be added, but not until October 2024 (feature ID: 388913)

    Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T16:59:47+00:00

    Has anyone successfully added a from address to a new email for a shared folder.

    Using options, show from, and then selecting only gives me a list of 5 people (two from outside the company) and the other three are coworkers, that as IS I have manage but not Send As rights.

    Typing results in nothing as does trying to delete those other emails.

    Also can't attach a pst. Sorry all you people who have been storing mail in a pst, or like me you need to move mail between users by exporting to a pst and reimporting to a new mailbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments