Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T14:43:59+00:00

    Microsoft totally missed the question. The question was how to search for text WITHIN an individual email. They answered with how to search FOR an email.

    Lets restate it clearer:

    We have an email, it is 900+ lines line. We need to search for a specifc text such as 'I Want To Search Within An Email'. There is no way to perform that action. Ctrl-F does not work.

    Every other MS application has search tied to ctrl^F. In fact I think nearly every other email application on the planet has it tied to ctrl^F.

    F4 also does nothing - some help pages suggest that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T21:12:17+00:00

    Hi, this still hasn't been done and I need to find a specific email among 1000s and I cant possibly be excepted to do this without this feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T17:28:34+00:00

    It is incredible to me that such an important feature would be left out. But I'm not surprised because I've been using the New Outlook a few weeks now and the whole thing is a huge disappointment. There are many features of Outlook that I use which are either no longer present, don't work properly, or are just hard to locate. Huge thumbs-down on this version.

    I have a workaround for the missing feature "Find text in current email" ... and this really is awful, but it's what I'm doing:

    Ctrl+A to Select All text

    Ctrl+C to Copy

    Open Notepad, Word, or text editor of your choice

    Ctrl+V to Paste (formatting will be utterly jacked but you can still read it)

    Use text editor's Find function

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T17:50:46+00:00

    I wrote to in-app support about this and got the following response (excerpted):

    We regret to inform you that you are looking for in New Outlook is currently unavailable. However, we recognize that the feature is critical.

    We also have confirmation that our product development team is currently working on this feature. But currently there is no ETA as to when exactly the feature will be released and implemented on your device.

    So fingers crossed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T16:59:43+00:00

    Ctrl-F is the standard search shortcut in most browsers, i.e. you are using the browser's search functionality, not something within OWA.

    In the new Outlook, Ctrl-F is the shortcut to forward an email (as it is in the old Outlook too).

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments