Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Not having an email search feature in the new Outlook is a program killer for me and I've had to switch back to Outlook (classic).
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Split from this thread.
Hi,
I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.
I cant see any way of doing these functions.
Control-F does nothing.
Can you help please ?!
Thanks
Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Not having an email search feature in the new Outlook is a program killer for me and I've had to switch back to Outlook (classic).
CTRL F is the default shortcut for find in almost every other Microsoft application like Word, Excel, Visual Studio, etc. Outlook is the only Microsoft app that does not use uses Ctrl F for find. Ctrl F is the industry standard for find. Also, not having a find function in the new outlook to search for keywords inside a message is very disappointing. I hope they add it soon or it will not be my default email app.
None of these options are in my mail app.
Its really astounding how a feature so fundamental, so basic to an email application could be ommmitted by the biggest software developer on the planet. This is possibly the single biggest oversight I have ever seen for a Microsoft app. Outlook new is a good product otherwise, its a real shame this has persisted so long.
You completely missed the point here
He/she specifically asked::
"I would like to search inside an email for text" i.e. if you are reading a lengthy email (either you read it in the reading-pane or you clicked on it so it opens in a new window) , and you want to search for a specific word or phrase 'INSID THE EMAIL' - it cannot be done!
That functionality has probably been deemed unnecessary by the email-gods, just like being able to re-send an email!
Way to go!!