Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Please bring this feature back, I like the original poster use this to manage my workflow.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In the 'old' outlook I used to have several quick steps that included "reply" or "reply all" steps. For example: "reply all & archive" -> replied to the message, marked the original message as read and put the flag to completed
When creating quick steps in the new outlook, the option "reply" is missing from the "Choose an action" dropdown.
I also noticed that the quick steps that included these actions are not migrated in the new outlook.
Please bring this feature back.
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Please bring this feature back, I like the original poster use this to manage my workflow.
Agree. Replying to an email has to be the most frequent action in Outlook 🙄
So any updates as yet or an expected timeline? Are you even thinking of re-introducing it? 'Reply & Delete' and 'Reply All & Delete' are the quick actions I use 99% of the time to save on space
Dear Dries Vandevyvere,
Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.
I understand that you are having issues with the quick steps in the new Outlook for Windows. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and you are absolutely right, in the classic outlook you have may option to set a quick steps. However, in the new outlook there is limited option to set a quick steps. Please note, since the new outlook is still under active development, Microsoft is constantly working on improving their products and adding new features. I suggest keeping an eye on the Microsoft Outlook blog Things to look forward to in the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Community Hub or the Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365 for any updates on this feature. In the meantime, I will pass along your feedback to the appropriate team for consideration in future updates. If you heavily rely on this feature, you may consider toggling out of the new Outlook for Windows preview for now. I will also update here once I get additional information and the specific timeline for the feature will be added. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
Thank you for your precious time. Have a good day!
Sincerely,
Libeamlak | Microsoft Community Moderator
Please bring this back. This is probably the most useful Quick Step there could be. No idea how "Reply All" isn't an option when "Set Retention Policy" is.