Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-10-09T15:50:08+00:00

I have started having an issue where the Teams Meeting option is not showing up on the ribbon with using the Outlook calendar (three computers so far). It appears the add-in loads correctly, but the icon is not on the ribbon.

I have uninstalled both MS Office and Teams and reinstalled. I have also made sure the load behavior in the registry is correctly set to 3. Two fo the three computers started working out of the blue. The third one the Teams icon is still missing.

I also went to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\ deleted all the data and started Outlook again. Nothing. The Teams Meeting option is still not showing.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-09T19:17:18+00:00

    That did not work for me it seems incompatible with office 365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T19:03:46+00:00

    If you go to calendar and do no see the teams icon when creating a new meeting.

    Go to File -> Options -> Add-ins

    You're looking for "Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office".

    If it's not there, near the bottom of the pop up there is a manage section (make sure its set to COM Add-in not Disabled Items).

    Manage: COM Add-ins (drop down) Go.. (Press Go..)

    1. If it's unchecked, check it, press OK and restart outlook.
    2. If it's already checked but the teams icon doesn't appear.
      Uncheck, restart outlook, re-check, restart outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T18:32:06+00:00

    Thanks for sharing your findings. Along the lines of what you shared I have seen similar reports from using Outlook.com with the free version of Teams and posted a known issue, Outlook error creating Teams meeting “Sorry, you need to sign out of Teams and sign in again before you can schedule your meeting” - Microsoft Support. If you don't have a M365 account or using Outlook.com it's still possible to create Teams Meetings, it's just not integrated into Classic Outlook like M365 does. You can create the meeting in the "Teams for home or small business" and that meeting will sync to Classic Outlook. Or, you can create the meeting with Teams and then copy the Teams link and paste into a meeting you send from Outlook. Sharing in case this might help anyone. The article is a little dated. If anyone has feedback or change suggestions let me know. I need to test again to make sure it all works the same as I wrote it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T14:10:06+00:00

    I am looking everywhere on my laptop, but I am unable to find this installed app and I have delete both teams and office before re-installing Office and New Teams

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T12:56:38+00:00

    Excellent! This is 100% what I was looking for and worked. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments