Why is the “Play My Emails” feature being removed from Outlook for iPhone in June 2024?

Anonymous
2024-05-24T21:26:31+00:00

Why is the Play My Emails Feature in the Outlook email app for iPhone being retired in June 2024?

I use this application on my phone for work on a daily basis. We’re often on the go without access to a computer with windows 11 installed.

Is there a plan to replace/upgrade this feature in the app?

The first time I heard about this was on 5/24/23, less than a week before the feature is going to be removed. No other information was provided via the message in the app.

Thank you for your assistance.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T00:02:20+00:00

    I agree.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T00:01:52+00:00

    I did and I can assure you that many others are experiencing challenges with the feature being retired.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T23:02:47+00:00

    I am extremely disappointed that this feature was removed. The loss greatly impacts my ability to use the app productively. Major misstep by Microsoft. Seems to be the opposite of where technology can and should be going.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T15:58:13+00:00

    Dear Eben,

    Thank you for your response and the suggestion to post feedback in the community forum. I will indeed follow through on this recommendation. However, I must express my deep frustration with Microsoft's decision to remove the "Play My Emails" feature and the broader issue of how user feedback is handled.

    In my experience, Microsoft often makes decisions based on arbitrary data and assumptions, which can lead to the discontinuation of highly valued features. The "Play My Emails" feature is a prime example. I discovered this feature serendipitously and found it to be incredibly beneficial. It significantly enhanced my productivity by allowing me to manage emails efficiently while multitasking. Unfortunately, Microsoft's marketing efforts failed to highlight this feature effectively. Had there been better promotion, more users might have recognized its value, potentially influencing its retention.

    The removal of this feature has made Outlook much less user-friendly. Outlook is already challenging to navigate, especially when searching for previous emails. "Play My Emails" was the one feature that made the experience somewhat bearable. Now, without it, my frustration with Outlook has only grown. The justifications provided for its discontinuation lack substance and fail to acknowledge the tangible benefits it offered to users like myself.

    I hope that Microsoft will take this feedback seriously and reconsider the decision to remove such a valuable feature. Listening to and acting upon user feedback is crucial for maintaining trust and satisfaction among your customer base.

    Sincerely,

    Jamie O'Donnell

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more