iCal will not sync with Exchange work calendar

Anonymous
2024-02-16T07:25:07+00:00

Hi

All of a sudden my iCal will not sync with/ show my exchange calendar. The emails are showing up but the calendar isn’t. The iCal is where I manage all my competing priorities personal and work together. I have tried resetting my iPhone/ deleting my email account and reading it/ going from data to wifi / changing the default calendar to my exchange calendar/ updating passwords in my password settings area/ to no avail.

I have downloaded the outlook app and can see my calendar there but it is of course separate from my iCloud personal calendar and I really need to have them on the same app/ location so I don’t overbook or cross book myself.

HELP!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T18:48:52+00:00

    I can find and quit the process in Activity Monitor--nothing changes and the problem persists. Exchange does not sync for both universities I serve that use Microsoft Exchange...the problem is clearly a server-side, i.e., Microsoft, issue. Please get the sync problem fixed Microsoft!!!!!

    Both calendars do sync on my iPhone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T18:53:09+00:00

    Right after posting I found a solution that worked for me hallelujah! Hope this helps you all:

    The following fix worked for me on MacOS is Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71):

    1. Close Outlook, Mail and Calendar apps
    2. Open Activity Monitor
    3. Force quit the process called "exchangesyncd"
    4. Relaunch the Calendar app and give it a few minutes

    Yay!

    This solution does not work on Mac OS Sequoia 15.0.1...the latest MacOS.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T17:10:10+00:00

    This solution worked when I first tried it. The issue re-emerged and this solution does not work. In fact, I can't even find that process in the Activity Monitor. Any updates?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-01T13:42:18+00:00

    I too have the same issue on my iphone, I deleted the calender but am unable to add it again as a new account. All other diaries work (google/ical diaries and others) its just 365. I add the account - it verifies then gets stuck in a loop. So frustrating as its been weeks I am unable to see work diary nestled amid home and family ones... has anyone found a fix for this on iphone - am operating on ios 17.4.1?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T19:39:03+00:00

    Same here. O365 calendar is not showing any updates of my ical-feeds.

    removing and new adding does not help. you get the current state but again no changes.

    super annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments