How do I preview a wav file in the new outlook without having to download the file?

Anonymous
2024-01-19T13:42:02+00:00

When I switched from the old Outlook to the new Outlook, I no longer have the ability to preview voicemails sent as wav files. Instead, I am prompted to save to OneDrive or download the file.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T15:23:47+00:00

    I hope Microsoft is listening. Nobody at my organization is using the new Outlook, which has some really great enhancements, due to not being able to listen to voicemails through Outlook. That on problem alone is enough to stick with the older version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T18:36:22+00:00

    my outlook version is the "new Outlook" from Microsoft store

    there is no switch to choose new or old style

    neither the File and other mentioned options you count

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T11:04:09+00:00

    here the same problem, no wave file preview

    the script and default settings doesnt change anything to solve the Problem

    Microsoft Outlook-Version 1.2024.508.600 (Production). Clientversion  20240503010.51 .

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T20:13:11+00:00

    I changed it to Windows Media Player, but when I click on the .wav file in Outlook, it still wants to download it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T15:52:46+00:00

    Dear Jonathan Riley

    Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.

    Based on your description, I know your consult. For this, in outlook for IOS, there is no such feature can do this. So sorry to bring you inconvenience.

    I know sometimes it is really inconvenient for users. I can understand your mood. Thanks for bring this to Microsoft Community. Since I think your idea is really constructive. I will report this to Microsoft as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I sincerely suggest you post this precious suggestion to Microsoft. Microsoft will update their product based on customers' suggestions. Believe your suggestion will help many other people in the future. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

    Here is our official URL to submit your suggestion: Microsoft feedback portal

    Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

    Sincerely,

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments