How do I preview a wav file in the new outlook without having to download the file?

Anonymous
2024-01-19T13:42:02+00:00

When I switched from the old Outlook to the new Outlook, I no longer have the ability to preview voicemails sent as wav files. Instead, I am prompted to save to OneDrive or download the file.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T17:30:09+00:00

    HUZZAH, PEOPLE! I now see the option "Open" in the dropdown menu for WAV attachments! See the following snippet!

    About a month ago, I switched back to the "Classic" Outlook version because I was so fed up with the "New" Outlook version. Last week I switched back to the "New" version because of email formatting issues and to see if anything changed in the "New" version. It took a few days, but I just noticed today that in the little dropdown menu next to the attachment now shows "Open" for WAV attachments. I plan to experiment and see how many file types can be directly opened this way, but this is HUGE. It doesn't fix everything wrong about the "New" Outlook, but this is a massive step forward.

    For me, this thread is completely resolved. Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.4460, Microsoft 365 Standard installed, including Outlook "New" version 1.2024.1107.100.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T19:39:46+00:00

    With the latest version, I don't have that option now. I only have Save to OneDrive or Download.

    Thanks,

    Marty

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T19:38:44+00:00

    "Quick Print"?...

    Are you using the New Outlook client?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments