Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
It has been another month. How hard is this? This code is in the "old" outlook. You are preventing users from upgrading.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
At my company we have switched to the new Outlook version.
I am now trying to find a way to categorize the outlook calendar in similar way as in previous version. Then I could add contitional formatting on the categories (person, workd ertc) and get a good overview in my calendar.
I can not find this functionality anynore
It is not sufficient to right klick on a meeting and change category manually.
Greatful if you can support in this question, it really helps my efficiency.
Best Regards Karin
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It has been another month. How hard is this? This code is in the "old" outlook. You are preventing users from upgrading.
I am a project manager and use the formatting on my calendar so I can see which meetings are for which projects. This is one of the most useful features in the Outlook for project managers and others that have a lot of meetings and need a way to organize them . I strongly urge Microsoft not force a cut over to the new Outlook until this feature is available.
I'm new to the party as the new outlook popped up on my desktop just today. I haven't seen anything from moderators other than teaching how to conditional format for inbox rather than calendar, and moderators telling people to waste even more time repeating feedback that is being given here for over a year. As others have mentioned before, a new version of a product should never give users less features than its predecessor. Also, these features were already there; it's not like anyone is asking you to code something brand new into the program.
The new version is visually pleasing and has good user interface, but this comes at the cost of important functions which streamlined the workflow of those of us who have a packed calendar. This is not just disappointing but also insulting considering that companies pay per user so that employees can have useful tools within MS for email, calendar, and teams. Your largest market with outlook is organisational (I personally don't know anyone who uses outlook as their primary personal email), and so far you don't have much competition in this area. But as someone whose work depends on customer relationships and client satisfaction, it does not look good that Microsoft has been ignoring all feedback provided here for the last 12 months.
I am also looking into this option, Please provide an ETA of when this will be resolved as I see there has been many requests for this lost attribute since the upgrade. thanks!
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-conditional-formatting-to-give-your-calendar-a-visual-refresh-5747189a-370a-4660-92f0-09bff438e4e3 this page tells you it is relevant to Outlook 2024.
"Applies To Outlook for Microsoft 365 Outlook 2024 Outlook 2021 Outlook 2019 Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013"
It needs an update to show that this is currently unavailable, so people don't spend so much time SEARCHING FOR IT