Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
The best advice is to go back to the previous version of Outlook. They just have to justify their existence with these "improvements"
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am using the "New Outlook" on a Windows desktop.
The main issue I am having is I no longer have access to "Templates" or "My Templates".
I used to be able to insert templates when I was writing a new email.
Secondly I don't appear to be able to access "Add Ins".
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The best advice is to go back to the previous version of Outlook. They just have to justify their existence with these "improvements"
That is an option, but it seems very limited. You can only create very basic templates.
I have not found a way to create a template that inserts email address, subject line, attachments, or formatting. This is great for a quick reply, but I would use the Quick Steps options in the top ribbon on the Home tab for a one step action.
Have you found a way to have the View Templates add-on to add those previously listed items I mentioned?
(Sorry if I'm just being dumb about this. I have tried every thing I could find and think of to get this working and I was the steps I mentioned a couple of posts back. ): )
Hello Eleni,
The problem with my outlook seems to be that i m not able to find an app called "My Templates" when I try to search using add apps command.
can you help me out here.
Regards,
Kota
Tried New outlook. As bad as "new coke." Going back to the traditional.
Found my answer finally - connected experiences have to be enabled. Turn on optional connected experiences is enabled in your setting. To do so, go to Settings or Gear icon-->General-->Privacy Settings-->make sure that Turn on Optional connected experiences is enabled.
My "View Templates" button and disappeared templates are now back and available.
I actually had to toggle this off, then back on for my templates to return to the ribbon and start working again.