Templates Missing in New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-04-16T07:14:08+00:00

I am using the "New Outlook" on a Windows desktop.

The main issue I am having is I no longer have access to "Templates" or "My Templates".

I used to be able to insert templates when I was writing a new email.

Secondly I don't appear to be able to access "Add Ins".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T22:15:48+00:00

    I finally found the new solution that works for both the desktop versions of New Outlook and the web version. There is a "waffle" style button in the Message ribbon. When you hover your mouse over it's labeled as "Enhance Outlook with Apps". Click on that button and one of the apps in there is "My Templates". I'm not sure why Microsoft decided to add an extra click to the workflow but at least the templates are available again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T14:02:28+00:00

    This the the solution! THANK YOU!!!!

    As mentioned:

    1. Go to FILE > the click OPTIONS.
    2. Click the GENERAL tab and scroll down to PRIVACY SETINGS.
    3. In the box that says OPTIONAL CONNECTED EXPERIENCES, uncheck the the TURN ON OPTIONAL CONNECTED EXPERIENCES checkbox.
    4. Then, click OK. A warning box will appear. Click OK.
    5. Close out of Outlook entirely.
    6. Reopen Outlook. Repeat steps 1-3, but this time recheck the checkbox that says TURN ON OPTIONAL CONNECTED EXPERIENCES.
    7. Close out of Outlook once again.
    8. Reopen Outlook and Voila!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T22:07:12+00:00

    That does not work for the web based Outlook. Why did you delete the template feature with the updated version? Makes no sense.

    The only option is a third party add in and they all say they have access to every email..

    Come on Microsoft!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-27T11:32:01+00:00

    It's possible to create a template in the new app My Templates. However, it's not possible to have a pre-populated list of receivers. Why is every version getting worse with Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T21:27:58+00:00

    Found my answer finally - connected experiences have to be enabled. Turn on optional connected experiences is enabled in your setting. To do so, go to Settings or Gear icon-->General-->Privacy Settings-->make sure that Turn on Optional connected experiences is enabled.

    My "View Templates" button and disappeared templates are now back and available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments