How can I generate a link to a specific email?

Anonymous
2024-02-05T02:36:04+00:00

How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T17:04:44+00:00

    That way is easier but I don't see the "link to outlook" option in the note

    "

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T16:41:13+00:00

    That's clever!

    But I prefer the follwing way:

    1. Choose the "Send to Onenote" option for the email you want.
    2. Go to the new note that has been created in the Onenote. There, within the new note, you will see the "link to outlook" option.
    3. Put your mouse on that link , press Ctrl +K and get the link you are looking for from the window that will open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T16:29:23+00:00

    Looks like you cant directly link to an email within outlook directly -- at least not simply.

    Here's a workaround: save the email you want to link to on sharepoint, and then copy the link to that file in sharepoint.

    Paste the link wherever you want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T18:18:45+00:00

    I'm copying the URL Outlook website provides, but when clicking the link to once again open that particular email, it just opens the inbox.

    Please requesting assistance, as having a URL to address is a quicker way to reference or find it, than to use the search tool box.

    thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-18T21:25:03+00:00

    My goal was to send an approval request and include a link in the approval details. Reviewers can access the email directly in their web browser by clicking the link in the approval request.

    I achieved this via MSFT Automate.

    1. I used the Send an HTTP request action in Automate
    2. URI is something like https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{user_email_address}/messages/{email_message_id}
    3. Method is GET
    4. I used the body('Send_an_HTTP_request')?['weblink'] expression to get the weblink for that specific email.

    Couple of things I observed.

    1. For anyone to see the email, anyone should also have at least read permission on that Inbox. You can do this via Outlook web or desktop.
    2. For me {user_email_address} is my service email address, I had to allow members of the on-prem distribution list for which I was building the process read permissions on my Inbox.
    3. At the least I had to convert the distribution list to a mail enabled security group before I could grant them read permission access on Outlook Web

    After a lot of research I found this post and it worked outstandingly well for me. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments