Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-05T17:51:54+00:00

    Glad it worked for you, although like I said in an earlier message I'm sure MS will come up with a way that gets around this solution so just enjoy it whilst you can!

    Fantastic solution! Thanks so much! After installation, I first used uBlock to erase the right hand panel. One ckick - see ya. Then I used it on the small left hand upgrade area. Strange, when that disappeared so did the email nag. Maybe tied together? Of course, if the email nag comes back I'm zapping that too. Thanks again for the add-on solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-05T17:25:37+00:00

    Reading through this thread I noticed one of your other comments regarding the "Looks like you're using an AdBlocker" notification that sits on the right hand side. Just for info, I have also blocked this using the element picker in uBlock Origin, making that whole panel gloriously blank now.

    There was also another ad on the left hand side, partially covering my list of folders (can't actually remember what it said, something about upgrading I think) which again I have blocked with the same technique. If you aren't using it, uBlock is a very good program for selectively blocking ads (and YouTube ads!).

    Fantastic solution! Thanks so much! After installation, I first used uBlock to erase the right hand panel. One ckick - see ya. Then I used it on the small left hand upgrade area. Strange, when that disappeared so did the email nag. Maybe tied together? Of course, if the email nag comes back I'm zapping that too. Thanks again for the add-on solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-04T23:07:40+00:00

    Reading through this thread I noticed one of your other comments regarding the "Looks like you're using an AdBlocker" notification that sits on the right hand side. Just for info, I have also blocked this using the element picker in uBlock Origin, making that whole panel gloriously blank now.

    There was also another ad on the left hand side, partially covering my list of folders (can't actually remember what it said, something about upgrading I think) which again I have blocked with the same technique. If you aren't using it, uBlock is a very good program for selectively blocking ads (and YouTube ads!).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-04T22:42:23+00:00

    Thanks Jossy2278, I will have to give it a try.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-18T12:39:17+00:00

    Yep, email notifications make it look like new posts are directed to you. Typical. Title says, "You have a reply to a question" followed by, "that you are following" in small text. All they have to do is say, "There is a new reply to this thread ..." But there's not much chance of seeing anything that makes sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments