Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T15:01:38+00:00

    There are Ad preferences under General.

    Ad is an abbreviation of the word 'Advertising'.

    It is one of the last options on the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-19T19:49:02+00:00

    useing chrome and the extensions for chrome called Ublocker i managed to sort this

    Dont kow if this helps anyone else but it worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-17T00:09:47+00:00

    It appears that you have a different set of options. I do not have what you have shown. I am using firefox and connecting to outlook from the web: https://outlook.live.com/mail This is what I get:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-15T18:12:55+00:00

    I agree, how do we get rid of this Upgrade Your Account email or AD?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T05:53:56+00:00

    I just checked - "Advertising Preferences" page is still there. Is your account a paid Premium Microsoft 365 account or a free Outlook.com account? Mine is the latter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments