Quick Steps missing in new build of outlook

Anonymous
2023-05-22T15:47:05+00:00

I updated to the new version of outlook (2304 build 16327.20248 ) released recently. I noticed that my quick step shortcuts were missing. I messed around in settings to see if I had to add it back but I found nothing. Was quick steps removed in the new version of outlook or is there a way to get it back that I haven't found ?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-31T05:34:30+00:00

    I am having this same issue with my work email from outlook. All of my quick steps that I had set up are gone. When I try to make new ones, there is no option to create a new email with the recipients. This is very inconvenient as I send multiple emails with several recipients.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-08T17:59:46+00:00

    All of these examples are from the OLD outlook. IT IS THE NEW ONE THAT IS MISSING THE QUICK STEP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-01T01:04:06+00:00

    Same issue here, now resolved:

    1. Switch to the Classic ribbon to see the quick step box (rather than just the drop down)
    2. Use the drop down to select a quick step (given they weren't displaying by default)

    Result: Using a quick step forced the steps back into view, no longer hidden beneath a drop down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T05:55:03+00:00

    Glad to know it's not just me, I tried the new outlook to see how it is and straight away saw that my quick steps hadn't transferred over.

    Furthermore, they don't allow a new message to be sent as a quick step.

    What an oversight!

    How such a functional tool be omitted from a new upgrade does not make sense to me.

    Hopefully it's fixed at some stage.

    At least I am not forced to make the switch just yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T05:29:20+00:00

    I tried this in the New Outlook for 365 and while it works when previewing it did not work when opening the message in a separate pop out window. The quick steps are no longer available in this view.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments