Quick Steps missing in new build of outlook

Anonymous
2023-05-22T15:47:05+00:00

I updated to the new version of outlook (2304 build 16327.20248 ) released recently. I noticed that my quick step shortcuts were missing. I messed around in settings to see if I had to add it back but I found nothing. Was quick steps removed in the new version of outlook or is there a way to get it back that I haven't found ?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T02:21:28+00:00

    Having the same issue. For the most part, I prefer the new Outlook. But the ONLY reason I used Quick Steps was for creating NEW emails, since I often have to send the same type of email. Not only are all of my Quick Steps gone, but there's also no option to create a new Quick Step for creating an email. This is a huge bummer!! They need to fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-04T00:28:30+00:00

    Not so much 'missing' as no longer very quick. The whole benefit of having Quick Steps was that I could file emails with one click, and now they've added an additional step with the drop down box. It's more time consuming, and definitely no longer giving me the efficiencies I had.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T21:13:09+00:00

    Need new message quick step function as forward, reply, or new email without proscribed addressee(s). Assists with sending of repetitive commonly use email responses. Must add feature for final version.

    Bring back unsupported action "new message" as well as "forward".

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-13T12:08:00+00:00

    It isn't that the quick steps functionality is missing - it's that many of the quick steps that we have set up and are avaialble to us in the old Outlook are not there in New Outlook. It will mean having to recreate them all. New Outlook is only showing me 8 of my quick steps - but I have 33 of them!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-29T00:31:53+00:00

    I was using Quick Steps of Ctrl+Shift+2, 3, 4 in older Outlook, but they are not imported to new Outlook, and I can't create new Quick Steps using those 3 shortcuts because shortcut options only available for Ctrl+Shift+5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Is there any solutions ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments