Outlook Desktop Client not saving signature settings for New Messages & Forwards/Replies for Google Workspace account.

Anonymous
2023-08-28T16:28:44+00:00

Client has Office Home and Business 2021 installed and just recently because of issues with her contacts not syncing over to the desktop client had to install Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook. Everything for that went smoothly and is working. However she went to set her email signature and was able to save it and set it up for New Messages and Forwards/Replies, however she closed out of Outlook and went back the next day and had to set the signature for New Messages and Forward/Replies again in order for it to work. Each time she closes Outlook the next day she has to set it again and it will work just fine after that until she closes Outlook. Any suggestions?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-02T13:18:38+00:00

    Glenn,

    Thank you for the response. I am the company's IT department. I don't feel like doing a uninstall and reinstall is going to solve the issue. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook previously and that didn't solve the issue.

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-28T01:19:49+00:00

    Hello, Robert Mack_XFER.

    Then the next steps are the nuclear options I provided in my first reply. Basically, a reinstall of Office. That's the only options now.

    Also, if I'm not mistaken, a PC with a domain user login is a device that is connected to a domain i.e. a company network. Thus, to perform the reinstall you need to contact the company's I.T. department for help on this issue.

    Thanks again for choosing Microsoft! We’re here when you need us.

    Respectfully,

    Glenn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T14:54:34+00:00

    Hello Glenn,

    So this user is a domain user and not a local user.

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-21T22:16:59+00:00

    Hello, Robert Mack_XFER.

    The last step to take before we go with a nuclear option for this issue is to create a new Windows user profile using the link below; log out of your current profile; log in to the new profile; and check if the issue persists in this new profile. I've included a photo of the steps you need to follow from the link provided.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

    Image..

    If the above steps do not resolve this issue, the options left are the nuclear ones:

    1. Reinstall of Office using the steps below.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/download-and-install-or-reinstall-microsoft-365-or-office-2021-on-a-pc-or-mac-4414eaaf-0478-48be-9c42-23adc4716658

    1. Reset or Reinstall of Windows and then a reinstall Office if first option does not work.

    Feel free to reply to this thread if you need further clarification.

    Sincerely,

    Glenn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T14:38:57+00:00

    Glenn,

    So I reached out to the client and ran a quick and online repair on her computer and that didn't work. Unfortunately I was unable to uninstall and reinstall because we do not have the Product Key for the re-installation of Office. Do you have any other suggestions?

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments