Can no longer sync Outlook calendar on Android

Anonymous
2023-03-28T16:23:24+00:00

I noticed a few days ago my Outlook calendar was no longer syncing on my phone. In the Outlook app I went into settings, selected my account and noticed 'Sync calendars' was off. I turned it back on and syncing resumed. However, that setting keeps getting turned off on its own, I can't keep calendar syncing enabled!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T17:14:15+00:00

    I can confirm the problem noted by @ab1280 is occurring in other installs of Outlook for Android. My install is version 4.2310.0 (42310816). In my case, my implementation uses Company Portal (ver 5.0.5823.0).

    I have not yet found a solution for this problem, which appears to be a new one.

    In the past I've had very little trouble synchronizing the Outlook calendar to my phone's Android calendar. However, I've recently experienced multiple instances where the setting to sync Android calendar (in the Outlook Android application) has seemingly inexplicably changed its setting to disabled. The result is the synchronized Android calendar is deleted from the phone.

    Let me reiterate that, when the setting is enabled, the sync to Android calendar appears to work just fine. However, that setting which enables sync to the Android calendar doesn't "stick." For some reason, it's switching to disable the sync, without user interaction.

    In my case, I use a third-party calendar application to display calendar notifications (the notification and snoozing functionality available from that third-party application are much more robust than those available on the Android Outlook application). When the synchronized Android application is deleted, apparently without user selection, the result is user is not notified of upcoming appointments. This is a serious matter.

    Microsoft support will tell me to provide this kind of feedback from within the Outlook for Android application. However, my employer has disabled that capability.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T18:58:49+00:00

    Thanks for your reply.

    I have already executed the steps you outlined (removing and reinstalling the account). I have also reset the account.

    The problem persists.

    Also, as I indicated in my reply to the original post, the option to get in-app help is not available to me. As you are probably aware, it's possible for companies to remove this option and that's what my employer has done. Inside the application I can provide feedback but I cannot contact support. Despite that, I wish to make sure Microsoft knows this is a problem in the most recent version of their Android Outlook application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T18:02:11+00:00

    I'm having this exact same issue. My Android calendar started last week not showing my outlook.com calendar events. Actually missed an appointment because of this issue. Found sync calendar disabled in outlook app. I re-enabled it and syncing was fine, until a day or 2 later. Found same issue. Again today the issue happened again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-03T20:24:09+00:00

    I do experience the same issue with Outlook 4.2310.1 on Samsung S20 with Android 13. No "workarounds" helped - Outlook randomly turns off the sync calendar toggle in my account. Drives me crazy, as it is a absolute blocker in my daily business - and it worked perfectly well until some days ago, without any changes...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T18:00:28+00:00

    I'm working with Microsoft support - they've had me reset a few things and change a couple settings but nothing's worked. Will let this thread know if they're able to resolve it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments