Can't scroll contacts

Anonymous
2022-10-14T11:01:07+00:00
  • I can't scroll contacts in https://outlook.live.com/people/0/ in Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Opera.
  • I get a visible list of about 12-14 A's but no more contacts than that, and no scroll bar.
  • Can't scroll with mouse pad or mouse.
  • I can click the 'A' to get the alphabet, but when I select another letter, I get the first contact's details for that letter, and the 'All contacts' list disappears. Clicking 'All contacts' does not bring back the list. The only way back to the original, partial list, is to select something other than 'All contacts' on the left pane, then try 'All contacts' again. This brings back the partial list of A's.

Update

2022-10-20 (Thu), 8:00 AM:

Refreshed page and there is now a scrollbar.

Firefox and Chrome confirmed.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-20T11:10:05+00:00

    Same problem here on multiple computers in Edge and Chrome. Recent updates to Windows seems to be a common cause...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T14:23:20+00:00

    Same problem here too! (on desktop computer)

    I have to use my phone to use contacts

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T07:43:11+00:00

    Interesting behaviour how this common fault is affecting two 'Chrome Based' browsers ??? in different ways

    Back last Friday at first

    'noticed that the Scroll Bar didn’t appear when opening Contacts in a new Tab (Right Click) but would be present if you switched from Mail > Contacts within the same OpenTab' but then subsequently and since 'the Scroll Bar is now always missing irrespective of how you open the Contacts'

    Have also noticed the more you use Contacts in one session the more faults appear where if you edit a contact it updates the data (when viewed on another synced platform) but the Contact displayed on the OWA is often corrupted and either not updated or displays less and less of the Contact details where faults almost appear as is they are accumulating ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T06:46:23+00:00

    Update: I also have Outlook.com pinned as a PWA. It was suffering the same problem. It was open. I just refreshed it and the Contacts scrollbar has returned and it's working as expected.

    However, in a browser tab, refreshing didn't produce the same result. So, I closed the open tab, opened a new tab, opened outlook.com, clicked Contacts. And it's working!

    I'm using Edge (Dev) browser.

    UPDATE 2: I spoke too soon. I just refreshed both the PWA and the browser tab. The problem has returned. 😟

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-17T02:47:11+00:00

    @wazz4444

    The only thing I've changed recently is I've added some categories. Are you using categories at all?

    Yes, I also recently added a custom category to some contacts. It's the only category I use. Just the one. So, based on your comment, I deleted the category from all the contacts that had it, which deleted the category. Alas, this made no difference at all. The same problems persist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments