Using classic Outlook for Windows in educational settings
It was a bug in a server update and Microsoft fixed it. It can take a few hours for the updates to hit all affected servers so if its not fixed for you yet, give it time.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi there,
On Outlook 365 usually those "You replied to / forwarded / etc. this message" texts are showing up in an email and corresponding icons are shown in the overview. However, on one of our computers it doesn't show up for all emails and I couldn't find any pattern where it works and where not.
We're running a dovecot mailserver (we have a mixed OS network) so the mail account is synced via imap.
Does anybody have ideas how to fix this?
I can provide further info if needed.
Cheers
Using classic Outlook for Windows in educational settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It was a bug in a server update and Microsoft fixed it. It can take a few hours for the updates to hit all affected servers so if its not fixed for you yet, give it time.
Some nice guy named Brian replied from Microsoft with a bunch of questions, as per normal, I told him I have been doing computer networking for over 30 years, and I diagnosed the issue as only affecting live.com accounts on my systems. My Hotmail accounts are still working fine. It's not an issue with operating systems, etc. I never heard back from him after that, Microsoft broke this, so they need to own it and fix it.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue, and that I'm not losing my mind. Well...not losing my mind in the sense that it's an error on my end...but I am losing my mind because it is such a basic but necessary element of email communication! Clearly, Microsoft has messed something up here. Hopefully they get it fixed soon!
I am having the same issue. It started last week and I have not been able to find a solution. I do not have the "columns option" and have been trying unsuccessfully to find a fix. Help!! very inconvenient and annoying problem with OUTLOOK.
Thanks.
I've still got nothing. I tried signing out and signing back in. Hopefully mine comes back soon!
As of about 30 minutes ago the replied to arrow and the You replied to message have returned! Thank you Microsoft!
Hello joyfulSandfish,
Greeting. Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.
Based on your description, I understand your query is about “Outlook 365 - "You replied to this message" / fowarded / etc. not showing up on all emails”. I did thorough research and testing from my end.
May I know if you're referring to the similar prompt line shown in the image below?
May I know the affected user's account type and on what device he is using?
It seems that this feature appears to be undergoing an update, as shown in the image below. It is no longer visible for New Outlook for Mac and some Windows version.
Please check if the affected user's email display the status of the message with a small icon. You may see the Reply or Forwarded icon instead. If replied, it will appear as a small arrow to the left, and the forward is an arrow to the right. Example attached.
If so, please let us know, and noticed that you mentioned that "not showing up on all emails" "one of our computers it doesn't show up" "(we have a mixed OS network) so the mail account is synced via imap", seems for some it works and for some not. so please send us affected user's details of Outlook version and screenshots for further analysis, once get more details, we will perform more test from our side.
What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support
We value your organization information security, please share us information and screenshot via private messages.
For private message: Please click account you logged in on the up-right corner - My profile - View private messages to get it. (I already send one message to you)
Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
Have a good day.
Best regards,
Winter| Microsoft Community Moderator