We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T04:11:40+00:00

    I have tried all the above options, but nothing works. Outlook has locked my account. Every time it asks me to enter my cellphone number so it can send me a security code, I always receive this response, no matter what I do: "We cannot send a text message to this number." There is nothing wrong with the number.

    Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-22T17:03:51+00:00

    I was havet same problem. I tryied others internet browsers... Not work.. But whem i use my iphone safari browser it work. I go in microsoft pages on my phone; put my phone number and they give me the code.

    Sorry about my english. =)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-22T21:34:22+00:00

    My father had this problem and I was helping him remotely. Could not get it to send a text to any phone number. Tried everything else listed. Finally tried logging in on my computer and it worked. Microsoft is probably blocking your IP address or device (or both) after too many unsuccessful tries. You need to use a completely different device, phone, laptop, etc, or use a VPN, or both. Windscribe is a free VPN service to use. Once you get back in be sure to generate a Recovery Key in your account settings, then use the Snipping Tool to screen cap it. Save a copy to your Documents folder, and take a picture of it with your phone. If you don't have a backup email address, create one and email it to yourself as well. It's all a PITA, but Microsoft won't chat and help you, so you have to do it yourself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T20:21:02+00:00

    I found the solution on a different thread - try using a different browser or clearing the cache.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-22T11:48:46+00:00

    Try signing in to your Microsoft account via Skype. I'd tried every other tip in discussions related to this and I stumbled upon Skype sign in and the same looking dialog box which wouldn't work when trying to sign into Microsoft or Outlook allowed me to enter my phone number and it sent me an access code which unlocked my account.

    No idea why but this worked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments