How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T12:41:06+00:00

    No there is no Microsoft solution. They appear to be ignoring this as a problem because they LIKE their email/calendar integration.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T02:38:03+00:00

    This is the most ridiculous suggestion to stop spam events from being added to my calendar, especially ones that won't let me decline the invite. This is irrelevant as they are coming from accounts we don't know. Just a heads up, I have followed your instructions and made a rule, but it doesn't remove a calendar invite that the sender has set up so it can't be declined/deleted.

    For a tech company, I would have thought internet security would have been a high priority and that you would be putting measures in place to prevent it from happening, rather than an afterthought of how to stop that same sender from adding us to a future event. It's no wonder people are moving away from Hotmail/Microsoft emails. My only solution now seems to be to close this email address and move to another company's email instead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T17:16:52+00:00

    This fix that is recommended is not working. Can you please let me know if I can turn off calendar invites completely.

    Thanks

    Chuck

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-08T14:24:16+00:00

    We're having a similar issue. The Teams/Skype spam abuse is killing out productivity. We use an PSA utility with Calendar and if there is a conflict, the original appointment is sent back for rescheduling. This is intolerable. There has to be an Admin Rule that we can put in that blocks all of this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T14:42:21+00:00

    Duh! Isn't that what I said?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments