How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-22T15:20:09+00:00

    Nothing more infuriating than these instructions that NEVER match what is actually shown on the screen. Did you verify these instructions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T20:13:04+00:00

    I can't find a setting to just block anyone else from adding to my calendar. I do use the calendar to keep track of things and I prefer not to delete it entirely, but I certainly don't want anyone else, especially spammers, to add to my calendar. I only found a way to block one specific email address. Not helpful. There must be a way to block everyone--but I can't find it. Please help! TIA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T16:47:03+00:00

    Microsoft, I am another dissatisfied and disappointed user with the same undesired calendar invitations issue. Obviously this problem is pervasive and long standing. It is incomprehensible why you refuse to provide a functional solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T16:28:50+00:00

    Can you create a rule that blocks invites from anyone not in your contacts list? That would be ideal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-04T14:27:26+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments