How do I block random people adding meetings to my calendar?

Anonymous
2023-05-22T13:11:46+00:00

I have searched for an answer and I haven't found anything helpful.

If someone sends me a meeting invite in email that meeting is automatically added to my calendar. Then Slack reacts to this new meeting and sends me a notification. I just noticed this because someone used this to send me spam. How is it even possible that a random person can add meetings to my calendar AND how is it possible I can't find a setting to stop this?

I did find a setting to turn off automatic car rental etc. messages. I figured out I could block people one by one. But I want to stop this from ever happening again.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T11:52:24+00:00

    Wouldn't it just be easier if Microsoft designed the software not to add anything to your calendar without personal interaction on the end user's part? Seems really strange that just anyone can add a reminder to your calendar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-31T03:57:32+00:00

    This is the MOST ridiculous situation with SPAM!!!! How are people able to even to do this? It is VERY irritating to get sexually explicit invites from people using MICROSOFT SOFTWARE!!! I think there could be violations of something called US Code 2272 or something like that.

    FIX IT!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T08:44:16+00:00

    What's the point of this. There's literally thousands of domains that the spammers use.

    Hey Microsoft, how about just remove the availability of non-contacts to automatically add to your calendar.

    Seems you prefer people to constantly require Outlook open to deal with the problem. Pretty unethical business morals to be honest. Absolutely disgusting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T18:52:57+00:00

    Please provide a rule I can use to create a mail rule that blocks calendar entries from anyone not in my contacts list.

    Thank you,

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-02T16:05:33+00:00

    this is no way to do it, we need a fix for spammers not add rule for each one

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments