Where, Oh Where, Is the File Tab in Outlook 365???

Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:11:34+00:00

I am migrating from an old desktop PC that is utilizing Microsoft 2019 to a new laptop that is using Outlook 365 (subscription). I want to move my .pst file from Outlook 2019 to my new laptop and Outlook 365. There is NO FILE TAB in Outlook 365. How do I direct Outlook where to look for the .pst file???

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-05-11T02:47:27+00:00

Hello WIUser

Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook that was installed with Office? Type Outlook on the start menu to open the desktop app - its called Outlook app.

It looks nearly identical to Outlook 2019 as seem in my second screenshot.

-- Diane

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T01:31:07+00:00

    I finally figured out that Outlook Classic can still be accessed by clicking the Windows symbol and selecting Outlook from the long list of applications, and in my system Outlook appears right above Outlook (new). In my case, the entire operating system and applications had been newly installed. I was able to find the old PST folder and import it. Of course, emails that were sent received via the new Outlook are only visible in the new Outlook application. So, right now, I am living with two incarnations of Outlook until the emails from several weeks of Outlook new usage become stale.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T14:55:27+00:00

    In addition, Outlook 365 is lacking the review feature. Previously, I had been able to do a spell and grammar check with selectable languages (I write many emails in German). This is another feature now missing.

    While I could live with this, I would like to retrieve my sent messages, but there are zero historic messages in the sent folder prior to the change to Outlook 365. How am I supposed to find the email addresses of people to whom I want to write if they have not sent me messages since the change to Outlook 365?

    Is there any tool that lets me access my good old PST file and extract information?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T18:58:34+00:00

    That doesn't do anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T17:29:52+00:00

    Interesting that Microsoft would take away functionality and then slowly return it - if they want to. How do I switch to Classic Outlook in Outlook 365 in the meantime? I'm new to Outlook as everyone I talked to swears by it but so far not impressed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments