Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T00:11:38+00:00

    I've had a proton account for several years since I first was aware of them. My Gmail account has just become a junk collector.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-24T15:16:15+00:00

    I'm having same issue - suddenly one day all the emails that were previously going to junk suddenly came to my inbox. Every day i'm reporting junk to numerous emails since.

    I've gone to Microsoft page for herlp and tried to follow instructions to change auto filter but there is no option under 'delete' like they say there is and look in all settings and options- no sign of this 'autofiltering' option...

    Since change i layout- has instructions not been updated?

    Has anyone found this 'auto filter'?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T13:00:51+00:00

    I also quit getting them yesterday evening. I sent a bunch back to my junk folder and blocked some, but then quit getting them all and they started appearing in junk again. I don't understand why either happened, but at least it stopped.

    I don't get any suspicious sign in emails though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T12:13:14+00:00

    I think they opened up the flood gates yesterday while fixing something because I got an insane amount but none since yesterday evening so hopefully they are getting it figured out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T00:15:44+00:00

    I can't find the junk filter either....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments