Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
I have the same issue and have tried to find a solution, about ready to dump hotmail after 25 years.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.
Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.
Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same issue and have tried to find a solution, about ready to dump hotmail after 25 years.
I have also been having this issue on and off for a year now. I didn't see any spam messages for a few months and now, this week, I have nearly 100 a day.
I've stopped using hotmail for important communication long ago, but it's still aggravating to go in and find nothing but spam in my inbox and not in the spam box.
Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!
If you've noted a sudden increase in the number of junk emails landing in your account, there's a high chance that your address was part of a list recently sold to one or more websites.
- you can change the level of protection in the junk email filter
you can see more information here :
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/chan...
- you can mark it as spam/junk because that helps your email client to learn which email address to block and how to filter spam more generally.
- You can make a rule where if the email is sent by certain domain or contains a type of phrase it will be sent to junk or delete it.
I am sharing with you a link of how to add recipients of email messages to the Safe Senders List
That makes absolutely no difference. The junk is still coming through even if you report the junk for phishing or blocking it. It's almost as if you're wanting us to stop using the free outlook and upgrade to the NOT free one......
I reported this to you once before at the end of 2022 - why is this STILL happening?
You telling me to add addresses to my safe sender's list is irrelevant if the (clearly) phishing email is getting through despite reporting them as phishing or blocking them.
I am so sick and tired of such a substandard service - a service I've had since Hotmail was launched.
Since it was taken over by Outlook - it has been awful.
Sort it out, please.
Why when you report it---you get no help?
I have at least 100 emails a day for ****. Really. I have had it. I am on hotmail and can't get this to stop. Only a best buy place geek squad to fix it.