Spam in hotmail account 2022

Anonymous
2022-11-23T20:14:58+00:00

The junk e-mail filter does not appear to be working since the start of 2022. It’s like the full filtering has been turned off overnight. Junk that was normally not in my inbox is now coming in at dozens a day. I can’t seem to find a setting for filtering strictness in the settings either. Does anyone know what changed since 2022? I am seriously considering closing my account that I have been using since 1993.

Online descriptions of issues say that i can work with automatic filtering - my hotmail outlook doesnt even have a ribbon anymore! Can anyone help me? I cant keep blocking individually or using yhe blocked senders function because if the randomly generated domain names with each junk email.

Isthere away of only letting through safe senders?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T12:12:55+00:00

    I wrote to support and kept getting ignored ( they emailed me each time, telling they'd closed the case without even acknowledging that I'd written to them).

    So, I wrote to the CEO.

    That got their attention.

    What seems to have solved the issue is to go to your junk folder settings and delete your blocked senders and domains and delete your safe senders as well.

    Pain in the **** having to block and re add you safe senders, but it seems to have worked.

    I don't pay for their services, and I'm glad I don't, judging by what you and other subscribers are complaining of!

    Definitely ask for your subscription back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T00:26:56+00:00

    Under #1 you share how to change the level of protection. But that option to change filter level doesn't exist. This is so frustrating... way too much spam/junk going in my hotmail inbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T18:31:56+00:00

    I also got the Microsoft Message as Michelle got that I believe to be phishing. I started getting some junk a few months back. Then more junk and then phishing.

    Now I am getting tons of junk and phishing per day.The amount of junk and phishing has steadily been rising. My mail email inbox looks like a junk folder.

    I have reported these nuisance emails as both junk and phishing by clicking the icon provided but that only seem to increase the amount of junk/ phishing to my main inbox. Today is the worst.

    I have used this one hotmail acct for so very long (since the onset of hotmail) and I have so much tied to the use of this hotmail account. Like when I order things online and more.

    I wonder if Microsoft has been breached to have this happen to so many of us.

    I'm sorry for all of you with this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T13:30:40+00:00

    I started having this issue yesterday, my safe sender list isn't working and I'm getting junk emails in my inbox.

    Are they fixing this problem or should I just shut down my acount?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-18T17:51:08+00:00

    Sadly, that link goes to a page that is no longer there, which explains why I can't find that setting anywhere. This is insane spam is making my hotmail address almost unusable. Maybe that's the idea, Maybe Microsoft doesn't want to provide free email boxes any more. Is there any outside app or service that can be used on a web based email?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments