Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I do not enjoy the Adobe default settings. This issue has been driving me crazy for weeks. Thanks for the tip.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a three minute delay rule set up in Outlook. Previously this has worked with no issues, however, now about 50% of my emails get stuck in my outbox when they send. After hitting send the email goes to the outbox with the 'editing' symbol (piece of paper with pencil) next to it rather than the 'send' arrow symbol. If, after three minutes, send/receive is pressed the email won't send. If the email is opened and send hit again it wont send. The only way to send the email is to copy the text into a new email and send that. If I turn the rule off the issue goes away.
My internal IT department has been unable to help, they have run the repair function, created a new profile and reduced the downloaded emails, none of which helped.
Thanks in advance for contributions.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I do not enjoy the Adobe default settings. This issue has been driving me crazy for weeks. Thanks for the tip.
Same here, I've been using this feature for years and since a couple of months this feature is broken. I confirm that checking the outbox during the delay time seems to be the cause of the problem. Dragging and dropping to Drafts folder and then hitting send works every time but this workaround is very tedious and not ideal. Please fix this. This is a crucial feature for many!
This issues was solved for me after I upgraded to 64-bit version of Outlook.
Same issue for me. It appears to me that it happens when I open Outbox and click -select (without opening) an email that is sitting there in the queue. For those emails "Sent" date gets reset to "None".
The email delay rule is not able to be configured on WebMail- FYI. Unable to set that rule up. Issue is the same for me. Current Outlook O365; and email rule stopped working after upgrade pushed by company on or around June 25th.
Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2304 Build 16.0.16327.20324) 64-bit