How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T10:31:21+00:00

    How do I turn off the Outlook (New) since I do not see the toggle switch in the upper right corner.

    On the Help ribbon you'll find a button called Go to classic Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T12:57:55+00:00

    This is REALLY frustrating!

    I can connect to my Comcast e-mail in the new version, but I get a password error when I try to connect in the old version.

    When I open the new version, I cannot access my PST files, which messes with my entire e-mail process.

    Why would it connect on the new version of Microsoft 365, but not the old? I have searched for an hour-and-a-half and can't find an answer! I keep getting the password error (Enter your username and password for the following server: imap.comcast.net. I enter the password that I ahve used forever but stopped working today and it does not resolve.

    I tried configuring using advanced security and multi-factor but that did NOTHING! All of the articles I find on-line are flat out WRONG!

    CAn anyone help me? I am at my wits end....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T22:39:44+00:00

    Classic "upgrade". I basically will have a hard time conducting my business as all my emails are stored and organized in .pst files.

    "Coming Soon" tells me nothing......The workaround doesn't work, as my old outlook email does not come back when I revert to old. I had the outlook that you purchase and not the free web version.

    Please tell me when Microsoft will support .pst files again.

    rdh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-23T20:52:10+00:00

    Please get this updated as soon as possible!

    I really need to have access to my vast archive of *.pst files.

    Most disappointing that it is not already included as it should be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T17:45:01+00:00

    We understand Microsoft wanting to own all the user data, but this feature lacking is not acceptable. Please enable the option, yesterday

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments