How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T20:17:40+00:00

    Thanks for that response. Thankfully, Microsoft has allowed us to revert back to the old Outlook, although it took me awhile to figure out how to do it. Now I'm having a problem with Contacts. I successfully imported my Contacts to Outlook, but they don't show up in the address book for sending emails. When I right-click on the Contacts icon in the left pane, I can see the contacts I imported and also "Contacts (This computer only)". It seems that Outlook defaults to "This Computer Only", which doesn't have any contacts in it. I can't seem to figure out how to get the address book to default to the Contacts that actually has my contacts in it or get my contacts into "This Computer Only". If that makes any sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T01:40:17+00:00

    My solution in the end was to

    • Uninstall Outlook
    • Reinstall the prior Outlook release
    • Access the PST file
    • Drag every email over to freshly created folders under my inbox (now essentially on the cloud)

    Took a full day.

    The other thing that new Outlook does not seem to have is distribution lists. I have no solution for that other than forever using ReplyAll and editing the whole email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T02:45:16+00:00

    How do I turn off the try new outlook option. I don't have a toggle.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T13:10:12+00:00

    I have explored and experimented with the "New Outlook" and, like many others commenting on this board, the lack of support for PST files is a huge problem. I see that I am not the only person with years of emails saved into PST files.

    Does Microsoft monitor this board? Could they provide us with an update on where this stands? Switching back and forth from New Outlook to Classice Outlook is not a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T13:05:12+00:00

    Hi Elin,

    Similar to the missing File tab menu, the Notes app is missing too on the New Outlook version. Please include this in your -coming soon- release.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments