How to Open a .PST file from the new outlook. File menu disapeared

Anonymous
2023-05-22T09:26:58+00:00

Hi,

I tried the new Outlook for windows, I realized the File menu -and others- disappeared.

How can I open a .PST file? to work on old mail files?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T20:43:14+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    It's January 2024 (almost February). Is there an update to this issue? I find it hard to believe that we STILL have to toggle back and forth between the Outlook versions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-29T13:27:42+00:00

    The updated Outlook said PST is not "currently" supported, implying it may be supported in the future.

    Local PST support is crucial for closed local networks (security, privacy, ...).

    Many computer networks are local only and do not, cannot keep shared information on an Internet cloud.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T14:51:08+00:00

    What is the update on being able to access Outlook data files (.pst) in the "New Outlook"? In the chain below, someone wrote "The .pst file support is not available in New Outlook for Windows. This feature is in "coming soon" status. You can find the same information from Getting started with the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support . This was written in May 2023, over a year ago. When is the Coming Soon going to be "Now Available"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-29T11:36:49+00:00

    I did not upgrade Outlook from an older version. I installed the new Outlook so I don't seem to have access to the toggle that will display classic Outlook. So I assume that I'll simply have to wait to access my history of emails until this feature is supported? Any idea when that might be?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T21:09:33+00:00

    Copilot evidently does not understand many users carry important emails for long time that should not disappear, including but not limited to legal litigations and other really important stuff. I understand an infant IA does not get it, but Microsoft should do it.

    Having a company with history and hundreds or thousands of employees, losing history for not implementing such feature is not acceptable. The capability to be able to open PSTs files is a must, not an option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments