Outlook 2021 Contacts Window Opening in Fullscreen

Anonymous
2022-09-28T03:36:47+00:00

I just installed Office 2021 and I configured outlook. When I click on the "People" icon on the low left-hand side, it opens a window that occupies the entire outlook. This new window only contains one contact and that is it. I removed the contacts for now and only left 1. Please see the screen below. If there were more contacts they would show on the back of the wind ow. I cannot do anything to bring them to the front

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-03T13:25:50+00:00

    I'm also experiencing this issue. Only in the Contacts screen. One contact pops up and blocks access to everything behind it. Unable to make it go away. All other Outlook functions (ex Mail, Calendar) work fine.

    Outlook Professional Plus 2021 on Windows 11 Build 10.0.22621

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T23:03:38+00:00

    I am running Windows 10 and have run into the same problem as you. I have been following and have tried my own work around. No success, but glad you are pursuing this problem. I will keep following this thread. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-04T17:37:34+00:00

    Please see this article for instructions for turning off the Reading Pane on the People view to workaround the issue, Outlook cannot display contacts in People View (microsoft.com).

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-03T20:55:18+00:00

    Thank you. We are having the same trouble at my office. some of us are Windows 10 and some are Windows 11 but we are all having this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T16:38:11+00:00

    Hello, fellow members of the community, this is an update on the Outlook/Contacts issue. I have tried everyone's suggestions with partial luck as follows:

    Note: It seems that at least one of you believes that I cannot start Outlook or that Outlook doe snot run. Outlook runs and the rest of its modules work just fine. It is only the Contacts module that seems to want to occupy the entire window and only shows one contact - the first one alphabetically listed. I have provided a screen capture of the screen in my previous post

    I have done the following per your suggestions:

    1. I ran outlook in safe mode. As I said above, Outlook starts. All modules work fine including the contacts. I see the two contacts that I created as a test. When I look at the Outlook "COM Add-ins", they are all in there. So what is happening in safe mode? What is been excluded that might be causing the issue?
    2. I ran Outlook in normal mode and remove all the add-ins just for laughs. The contacts module did not work normally.
    3. I followed Yuhao's advice to perform a "clean boot in windows" and all other steps. This did not fix the issue either. However, I notice that after I reboot the previously disabled services were all back in the list of "system config". The start up stuff was all disabled.
    4. FYI! I have 3 systems running Win 11 2H22. Two have the contcts issue. The other works just normal. I checked the Outlook settings side by side, all 3 look exactly the same

    I appreciate any help ypou can provide beacuse my next option will be to reset Win 11 2H22 and start fresh. I do not really want to do this if I can avoided

    Thanks to you all!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments