Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T15:03:03+00:00

    That doesn't work. I still get them. At least 20 a day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T09:02:33+00:00

    Hi Allen, unfortunately I'm not tech savvy enough to tell you how to do the changes you're asking about. Hopefully someone on here can. There are heaps of really smart people complaining of the same thing and about to make the changes too. I do hope one of them reads your post and gives you the advice you need. Cheers Denise

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T09:01:39+00:00

    It wouldn't surprise me at all. If only someone would come out and spill the beans. I would love to see MS s**t themselves when all their customers hear about it. It truly is insufferable to get rid of the spam. It's bad enough when it's in the junk file but now it's in my inbox everyday. MS tell us to block and report, which we're all doing and nothing changes. I even set new rules with the ones that don't show their email address but nothing stops it. The spammers just quadruple their junk. And this is where it becomes just too time consuming, my time is more spent trying to rid the damn spam than it is reading my real emails. I'm really sick of the dishonesty coming from MS about why they can't stop it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more