Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T03:26:26+00:00

    Yes, it is an impossible task. Microsoft a big let down in this area. I am looking at holidays overseas at the moment and as soon as I began, the junk mail is pouring in and out of control. MS really has shown to be a dud in controlling this issue. They don't even have staff that can help because they don't know what to do and have no way of stopping it but won't admit it. Extremely annoyed at MS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T22:52:26+00:00

    I totally agree with you Michael, same problem here and I've tried everything, made no difference, I'm very frustrated!!

    Are these concerns getting to Microsoft at all????

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-11T02:14:41+00:00

    I guess it wouldn't surprise anyone that I am having the same problem as well. Have been using my hotmail address also for about 25 years, and I have been inundated with spam over the last few years, both in the inbox and in the junk folder. No matter how many times I report some thing as spam or phishing more and more keeps coming in. My inbox is untenable. My options are:

    1 I am in the process of migrating all my accounts and other services away from Hotmail usernames/logins

    2 I have been paying for Hotmail plus all these years. I will be canceling that.

    Any ideas on how to change my Hotmail username from my 2 Windows PCs and my office 365 account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T03:04:21+00:00

    Yeah I agree, MS obviously doesn’t care about its email users - maybe by design, maybe not. I’ve been a Hotmail user for over 25 years but I applaud your efforts to move to Gmail. I too have a Gmail account and a Yahoo account and am seriously considering going down the same path, as spending so much effort on a daily basis, just on dealing with junk e-mail is ludicrous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T00:02:14+00:00

    The problem is getting very bad on my Hotmail/MSN accounts. It's always been bad, but the last few months have been dreadful. On my Gmail account very minor and on my isp account nothing.

    i think it would be best for Microsoft to close these accounts down and get the public start with new.

    The only trouble with that is you won't be to keep your username, as it flags up that username has already been taken if you try to change your account. Even if you try to use your username on a new Gmail account, you can't for the same reason

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments