Why do I continue to get so much spam in my hotmail account?

Anonymous
2023-03-31T18:52:00+00:00

Does MS get paid for delivering junk email? I get hardly any spam (like almost 0 per week) in my Gmail account, but in my Hotmail account, which is as old as my Gmail account (like 25 years), I have at least 50-100 a day, many of which come directly into my Inbox. The junk filter is just a joke as it filters wanted email and does nothing for spam. Is there any solution for this other than to not using hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T01:29:58+00:00

    Every thing I read to help me with the over abundance of spam is for outlook page. Mine is hotmail and never has the same set up that is described by all the advice on the net. And like Dan, I too have tried everything using rules advice and it doesn't work. There has to be better than this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T01:39:06+00:00

    They won't be of any help. I think Microsoft has an issue that they can't do anything about. Maybe Microsoft should get help and stop hiding from this b***s*** they can't fix. My daughter got a new laptop for work and uses Outlook. She's inundated with spam and doesn't email family or use websites to cause this. What the hell is going on!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T17:25:34+00:00

    I think for me that's the most maddening part - I mean I just need to set up junk filters and they'll be whisked away out of my Inbox and into the Junk folder, right? Well, as you've also seen, I find junk in my Inbox, real mail in junk (or Trash), etc. I think when you have rules and filters you expect them to work, as they do with almost any sort of email (or software) system. When they don't, it feels like betrayal, as you realize you've spent all this time setting up rules for nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T02:40:16+00:00

    It's clean that MSFT does not care about you or your email. I've been using my MSFT account for 20 years and it's time to say goodbye and slowly migrate to Google. It will be a painful 1-2 year process, but I can't go on spending 10-15 minutes a day just deleting spam/phishing stuff.

    The sad thing is that I've tried to be a good citizen and always mark them as junk or phishing, but clearly MSFT technology is not good enough to do anything with that information, as I get the same junk subject line dozens of times in a day.

    The last 3 days have been the straw that broke the camel's back...

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T01:37:07+00:00

    I have the same question. I've tried all the blocking / reporting tips, but I get about 40 spam emails a day from the same few senders, and it is getting right on my nerves. No spam at all in Gmail. Come on, Microsoft. Sort this out, please!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments