Why are attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC)

Anonymous
2023-07-04T11:14:31+00:00

Attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC). The attachments are correctly attached, and are transferred to the send folder with the email then disappear - the email remains unaltered. The recipient can see the email but no attachment. If I use outlook webmail - no problems

Is there a fix?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T18:31:33+00:00

    On the new version and it still keeps removing my attachments. It’s a significant issue particularly when have to send 3-5 same emails to customers to finally attach a doc. Thought it was fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-11T20:29:34+00:00

    So the current workaround is to send the email with the attachment and then check if the attachment actually sent and then if it didn't send to resend it from drafts? Am I getting this right? So we send the same email to people twice? I must be reading this wrong.

    C'mon MSFT, this is crazy. Everyone with a Mac in my company is dealing with this issue and it's incredibly frustrating that we're now going on 2 months without a fix. Being able to send attachments is the most basic feature, and using the legacy version of Outlook is not a fix given I can't use any of the plugins I'm required to use.

    Anyway, please sort this out ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-08T13:15:56+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-07T15:16:22+00:00

    What's most annoying (besides the issue itself), is the lack of update. August release is nowhere to be seen and we don't know why.

    If you're not an admin (like myself), you have no access to service health dashboard, thus, no access to updates?

    This is insane.

    As a customer, I understand there might be difficulties give the complexity of the issue. But I don't understand the lack of information towards customers.

    Too bad :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-04T16:06:35+00:00

    Hello Stephen Fletcher2,

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft community.

    I understand that you are facing an issue with Outlook attachments in the Outlook MAC app. Apologies for the inconveniences caused. We have received a number of users facing this issue and we're currently looking into this situation. In the meantime, kindly provide me with following information for further checks. Thanks in advance!

    • What version of Outlook for mac are you using? See What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support
    • May I please know if you are using the New Outlook for Mac or Legacy version Outlook? If you are using the New Outlook, have you tried with the legacy version Outlook? if not, please kindly revert your Outlook version and check if there is any difference, to revert your Outlook, please Open your Outlook --> Help --> Revert to Legacy Outlook.

    Could you kindly try setting up your account in a new Outlook profile and see if issue persists: For reference: Manage profiles or identities in Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support (Please do not delete the current profile as yet to prevent any data loss)

     

    You can also report this directly to our Outlook for Mac support team through the app. These experts can assist with suggestion based on your current setup and can advise with detailed collected logs if needed. For reference: Contact support within Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support

     

    Your kind understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation.

    Best Regards,

    Ashraf

    Thanks Ashraf

    I have switched to the old version and will trial the issue fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments