Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Thanks for doing what MS couldn't and offering a solution!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.
Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.
When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.
I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.
Any help gratefully received!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for doing what MS couldn't and offering a solution!
I had the same problem.
I solved it by logging into portal.office.com and re-installed Office 365 by clicking on the Install Office button.
After re-installing, I was able to view the content of my emails.
Denny Jodeit
******@jodeit.com
Same issue! I'm freaking out, this needs to be fixed ASAP!
Thank you, I didn't include the quotations. Fingers crossed this does the trick :)
create a bat file and RUN AS admin on your affected users
will disable updates and force the rollback
@ECHO OFF
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\OfficeUpdate /v EnableAutomaticUpdates /t REG_DWORD /d 0
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462