Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
- Yes, I can install 16.16 on my Mac. I have 16.16 back on my Mac by doing a restore it to before I installed 16.32.
When I did the restore I told my machine to keep the 16.32 version rather than overwrite it. I have both versions on my machine now.( see above)
- No, I cannot open 16.16.
As soon as I try to open 16.16 I get a message saying I'll need the latest version of Outlook etc..... (see previous screenshot)
Then the 16.16 Outlook shuts down.
- The other version, 16.32, opens fine with my complete Outlook data base but if I try to use this version of Outlook it asks to be activated by subscribing to Office 365. Please see the previous screenshot of the 16.32 About Outlook showing it is not activated.
In summary, it appears that when the 16.32 version was installed it changed/modified my16.16 data file (OLM) to be compatible with the 16.32 version. So far it has not been reversible.
- Here is the info on my OLM files. I have two of them 64 and 205. Note the file address is not the same as what you have written so I am not sure I have the right ones
Macintosh HD ▸ Users ▸ JimC ▸ Library ▸ Group Containers ▸ UBF8T346G9.Office ▸ Outlook ▸ Outlook 15 Profiles ▸ Main Profile ▸ Data ▸ Main ▸ 64 modified 28, December2019 at 11:47 AM
Macintosh HD ▸ Users ▸ JimC ▸ Library ▸ Group Containers ▸ UBF8T346G9.Office ▸ Outlook ▸ Outlook 15 Profiles ▸ Main Profile ▸ Data ▸ Main ▸ 205 modified 29, December2019 at 10:48 PM
I have moved copies of these two files to my desktop.
- I have two Outlook profile apps, one for version 16.16 and one for 16.32. I added a profile to the 16.16 version.
- I just tried opening the two files above 64 and 205. Neither will work with version 16.16. Both work with 16.32 but want to be activated.
- Just tried version 16.16 with new profile. It opens but there is no data base. Needs to be directed to the OLM files to see if they will work
Please review and comment
Thank you
Jim