BCC myself automatically Outlook 365 on iphone

Anonymous
2021-10-13T14:24:52+00:00

I am using outlook 365 on my iphone 12, and on my desktop. On my desktop, i automatically bcc myself on all sent mail. Is there a way to do this when using outlook on my phone?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-10-13T19:21:42+00:00

Hi Edkelleher1,

Greetings.

Thank you for raising your concern in this community.

I am a bit confused about why you are using auto BCC for yourself, because you can already have all you sent emails in the sent items folders, and when you open an email there, you have the same option as in the inbox.

We usually use BCC for another recipient.

That being said I have double checked this in outlook on mobile, and from what I see there is no direct way to do it on the mobile. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Mac

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T15:58:27+00:00

    I BCC myself on every email I send because 99% of the time I need a response to the email I sent and I cannot simply trust that people are going to reply.

    In other words, I use my inbox as a kind of to-do list. I filter for email that are older than a week, they would have been deleted if I received a reply, and follow up with the non-responders.

    Using a separate mailbox (i.e. sent items) would require me to delete sent items that I no longer need to follow up on breaking the functionality of the sent items mailbox (a place that should indefinitely have everything I send).

    Any suggestions on how to replicate this functionality without having to click to show BCC and then type my email in there every time?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T02:51:23+00:00

    Is this an actual reply from a MSFT rep? Come on. I too used this feature on the Apple Mail app and would consider going back to it to save time on having to bcc or cc myself.

    Why have it as a rule option on the desktop but not an available option on the app.

    I’m also quite surprised that MSFT did not look into gathering user feedback or question why Apple Mail had this option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-24T16:13:28+00:00

    Thank you for the respectful response. I'm not a "tech savvy" person (and, yes, I guess that makes me an "idiot" to some). Thanks for the clear explanation about why Microsoft might not want to put this feature onto the Outlook email program. It makes sense, despite the small inconvenience. None of this is a big deal, just a matter of convenience that I thought worth a query in the system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments