Reply header missing when reply or forward

Anonymous
2021-07-15T14:26:22+00:00

I has been using Microsoft 365 on my Macbook Air since early this year. It has been working perfectly all this while until recently i found that sender's header missing when i reply or forward some of the emails.

Not sure what happens, it doesn't show something like following ( the header below the signature and line below )

Regards,

My name

________

From : xxxxx

Date : xxxx

To : xxxx

Cc : xxxxx

Subject : xxxxx

I had checked my Preference->Composing, both HTML and Plaintext are correctly selected with header.

Strange is only happens to some emails, not sure why. Any one experience before and can help?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-09-15T02:54:01+00:00

Problem finally appears to have been resolved in version 16.53 released today. Hurrah!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-26T05:52:32+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem as everyone else here.

    • running MacBook Air 2015
    • still using Catalina 10.15.7
    • updated Outlook for Mac to 16.51 this month, just before this problem started.

    Obviously, this is a glitch with #16.51 so MS need to address this pronto!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-23T02:30:59+00:00

    I hope they don't tell us to reinstall. I'd hate to have to go through the entire processes of adding about 7 accounts, verifying them with my work server, and risk losing all of my saved emails, folders, followups, tasks, calendars, notes, etc.

    We can't be the only ones with this issue. And from what I saw online, it seems like it happened before and they released an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-23T02:17:09+00:00

    Yes, it's frustrating. I am still on MacOS Big Sur 11.4.

    Noticed that it seems that the certain sender's client may have caused this issue, as found that some emails from same person but maybe using mobile APP / web based / their outlook ( noticed from different the signature format ) are having such issue. Anyone observe this as well?

    Will reinstall Office helps?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-22T22:07:30+00:00

    I've just noticed that it's happening with the same group of people. So far I've seen it with about 10 out of way too many contacts and random emailers. It doesn't matter what type of email those 10 contacts have sent me today, every time I try to reply or forward their message, same issue.

    And they all work for different companies. One's even using an old aol email account.

    But other people email and not a problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments